Happening now, get on board!
Check out the new $20 reward for my WILD MAN Research + Lecture Series and Tour! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tedwardbak/wild-man-research-lecture-series-and-tour
This title is now available for pre-order through my publisher at the link.
Wild Man, Volume 1: “Island of Memory” will debut at SPX.
RIP Elmore Leonard
- Never open a book with weather.
- Avoid prologues.
- Never use a verb other than “said” to carry dialogue.
- Never use an adverb to modify the verb “said.”
- Keep your exclamation points under control.
- Never use the words “suddenly” or “all hell broke loose.”
- Use regional dialect, patois, sparingly.
- Avoid detailed descriptions of characters.
- Don’t go into great detail describing places and things.
- Try to leave out the part that readers tend to skip.
These are perfect rules A+ rules the only rules.
I’ve never read Elmore Leonard, but this is a good list.
Taking on new commissions, finished this one today. I’d love to draw something for you! I’ll be attending SPX in September and on the east coast in Oct-Nov; if you order now, I may be able to personally deliver it to you in the fall!
I’ll be at SPX this September with my new book, “Island of Memory”, plus art for sale, maybe even prints of this new drawing! I hope to see you all there!